Indigo children are special because they change the course of reality. The term was developed out of the aura colors. Different children have different aura combinations and, for many, auric fields were rainbow colors. However, with some children, the aura field is filled with a royal blue color. Ever since this term was coined, most consider an Indigo Child as an upgraded blueprint of humanity.
Indigo children first became noticed int he 1970s for their gifted souls and their determination to challenge the status quo and create a reality shift. They have a psychic awareness, are incredibly creative, highly driven, and have a perception that sees beyond society’s norms. They are old souls who want to shake up modern society and create a path for future generations.
So, how do you know if you fall into this unique soul lineage? Thirteen traits readily identify Indigo children. Compare yourself to these traits to see if they feel familiar.
- A sense of entitlement. Indigo children know they are special and act on that.
- You believe you have a destiny. You believe you are here for a larger purpose, even if you don’t know what it is. This makes you appear confident and even arrogant.
- You have high expectations. This isn’t just a thought you hold yourself to, but you also hold everyone else to exceptionally high standards. This can spell trouble for interactions and relationships. It also leads you to be overly critical of yourself.
- Perception is apparent. You can see things others can’t in a situation. This leads to you believing you are right and tend to be offended if others disagree. You also get aggravated if others won’t act on your knowledge.
- You challenge authority. You do not negotiate because you believe you are right. Your constant questioning of authority leads to a rebellious spirit and a critical tone of those in power.
- You want to derail the system. You don’t like a lot of rules and rigid systems because they seem foolish. This makes you hostile in situations everyone else sees are normal.
- Creativity is high in your skill set. Most Indigo children are gifted in both music and art. That is a good thing because your cultural endeavors allow others to see the world as you do.
- You create change. Indigo children are natural leaders because your perceptions are keen regarding society’s ills. You have great ideas for better ways of doing business and running society.
- You are lost on the seas of life. You constantly feel like you don’t belong because you know you are different. You lean toward being a rebel or a loner because you don’t want to compromise to fit into society’s norm.
- Drive pushes you. The Indigo child is unwilling to back down or give up. You will confront all challenges out of a sense of integrity.
- Passion and focus are part of your being. You will not be silent because the things you care about are just too important. You may not enjoy a fiery debate, but you will not avoid it either.
- You are psychic. Indigo children have highly tuned psychic abilities. It is normal for you, but it creates advantages for you as you read others beyond their masks.
- Indigo children are frustrated. There is a good reason for frustration. You think society isn’t shifting quickly enough to suit you. Indigo children don’t have much patience and become aggravated when others don’t see their way to solve a problem.
There are always challenges to be an Indigo child. They have a massive responsibility in creating a world shift and their high-drive can paralyze them sometimes.
Once their initial mission of resolving the system’s flaws is finished, Indigo children must change their shift in life and that can be hard. Some Indigo children are prone to depression and addiction because they can’t seem to reach their purpose or feel ignored or mocked. However, their integrity is beyond measure and carry it with pride.
If you are an Indigo child, realize you can’t change your destiny or strong traits. You were meant to change society, but also need to realize that you shouldn’t be so critical of your failures. Learning to lighten up will help you deal when things don’t always go your way.